Wednesday, August 13, 2008

She had it coming

Well after a month of complaining to God about how utterly uninteresting life had become since moving to "Poco Loco"( the affectionate, pet name given to our thriving, metropolitan, commercial, centre ) something finally happened. As God often does with long, crooked nosed, stubborn mumurers he gave them their request but not the form they wanted it in. Well I broke my arm and have repented of my murmuring since all activities that were being participated in before this point have come to a standstill and I have resigned to reading science books on a mass scale and going on long evening walks with the kids to develop my shepherding skills and to keep mind and left arm occupied. I must run now but I'm having an operation tomorrow to put pins in my arm so please pray for the doctor as he informed me that I would be his guinea pig since this is the first time he is performing this type of operation.



P.S. Children ( and midlife crisis daredevils ) do as your parents or your wife tells you to and wear head/body gear when rollerblading. A helmet and arm pads are far less painful to your pride then a broken bone is to your body.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with you, I broke/twisted/sprained my arm a month ago, though it's pretty much healed now. (still hurts a bit when I do push ups and pulls.) But it got me to depend on the Lord a whole lot more, so I'm thankful. I hope the Lord will heal you soon and that the doctor appointment will go well.

Ég Elska Þig! (there's a bit of Icelandic for you to decipher)
David

Anonymous said...

So sorry poor dear!

Junior said...

Good lord. I will certainly pray for you. Must have hurt like hell.

Mick said...

that's right...God destroyed 6 million people in the desert and he got soft with u...heh! being in poco loco seems to bring out the best in u...

Anonymous said...

dude - I totally broke my arm when I was rollerblading and had to get pins it in as well.

It's like we're arm twins or something.

Let me know if anything substantial happens to your other arm, it might be that my arm will meet the same fate and I'll want to be prepared.