Monday, December 28, 2009

Shows nine and ten

Shows nine and ten were for the Paris branch of Centre Parcs . They charged 15 euros for the adults and 7 for the kids to attend the shows. People were amazed and since it was one of those stages where there was a stage elevated and a dance floor below, we could really make contact with the audience and see the delight on their faces. The only problem was me having a bad case of nausea during the first show which was likely connected to a large consumption of oysters the night before. Half way through the show I came back stage, dramatically fell on my hand and knees and proceeded to huff and puff like a women in labor, then burst into tears. It was one of those points when you don't know exactly what your crying about but i think it had something to do with the fact that i knew i was performing badly and there was nothing i could do about it. To add insult to my injury the boys seem to pick this particular moment to leave their sound/technical/camera ministries and come backstage and witness my humiliation. Nevertheless everyone showed great concern and after they suggested I sit out the rest of the show, my defiant spirit took over and great speeches started to replay in my mind about, the show must go on, its not over till its over, etc etc. So I made it through the rest of the show and at the end promptly went to the bathroom with a large bottle of water and a determined index finger, ready to discover my bulimic tendencies for the sake of the second show which was due to start in half and hour. The second show went well, one of my best performances. The girls said i smiled so big because i was so relieved to have a empty stomach. The first show had an attendance of 248 and the second of 180











1 comment:

Kat said...

looks soo good! cant wait to see the new video:D:D